The Last Ten Posts
- Language (it’s a Virus from Outer Space, but that’s not really relevant to this post)
- To Boldly Go
- Whacking away, with cake
- A Birthday, A Movie, Forest J Ackerman and something yummy called a Double Mexicana
- Amazon Breakthough Novel Awards Quarterfinals – Brothers In Darkness Free Excerpt
- Amazon Breakthrough Update: And the Round Two Winners Are….
- Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, and other writing stuff
- A bit of research for the upcoming book
- My Customer Service Nightmare
Monthly Archives: January 2012
From Norway comes “Troll Hunter”. I loved this movie. It’s unique and beautiful and intimate and over the top and frightening. It’s technically a “found footage” movie, but has the look of a production with an actual budget (meaning they … Continue reading
I was initially drawn to this movie by its awesome title and by the presence of Alan Tudyk, best known as Wash (“I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar”) in the much beloved “Firefly” and “Serenity”.
Set in Norway, this movie has a half-dozen college students finding themselves embroiled in crazy supernatural peril. It seems they’re camping in an area that’s home to a number of frozen Nazi zombies, a bold choice for a premise. Fortunately, … Continue reading